19154775 - Chevrolet Performance Parts ZZ383, 383CID 425HP Crate Engine - Replaced By 19301295
The all new ZZ383 offers Big Block performance with a Small Block price tag.
GMPP starts with the legendary Fast Burn cylinder heads and the 383cid bottom end, to offer an incredible 460 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 rpm with a smooth, linear delivery. The combination of a 3.800 steel crank and a stout .509/.528 lift hydraulic roller camshaft produces 425hp @ 5400 rpm, making the ZZ383 the benchmark by which all other 383cid small blocks will be measured.
GM's testing was completed using a GM single-plane intake manifold, a 750cfm Demon mechanical secondary carb, and 1-3/4 primary x 33 length headers with a 4 collector. A dual-plane intake manifold can be used, but will affect overall peak performance numbers by 15-20 HP.
Power: 425 HP @ 5400 RPM, 449 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 RPM
Displacement: 383 CID
Bore x Stroke: 4.00” x 3.80”
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Recommended Fuel: 92 Octane
Block: Cast Iron, 1 piece rear seal, 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft: 4340 Forged Steel
Connecting Rods: HD Powdered Metal Steel
Pistons: Hypereutectic Aluminum
Camshaft: Steel Hydraulic Roller Tappet
Cam Lift: .509” Intake / .528” exhaust
Cam Duration @ .050”: 222 deg. Intake / 230 deg. Exhaust
Lobe Separation: 112 Degree
Cylinder Heads: GM Fast Burn Aluminum Dual Bolt Pattern, 3/8” screw-in rocker studs, revised runners and beehive valve springs
Combustion Chamber: 62cc
Valves: .200” Intake/ 1.55” Exhaust
Rocker Arms: Aluminum Roller, 1.5:1 Ratio
Valve Springs: 12625033
Maximum GM Recommended RPM: 6000
Ignition Timing: Base 10 degrees BTDC, 32 degrees total
• Fully GM assembled long block
• Stamped Steel Black OE Valve
• Oil pump, pick-up and oil pan
• 12-3/4” Auto Trans Flexplate
• 8” Harmonic Balancer
• Front timing cover
• Cast Iron Long Water Pump
• Oil Filter and Adapter
• Passenger Side RH Oil Dipstick and Tube
General Motors limited 2 year / 50,000 mile parts & labor warranty. Click on Document tab above for full details.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 500.0 lbs.
- W29.0000” x H14.0000” x L42.0000”
- FREE 48 State Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.