19328743 - Chevrolet Performance CNC LS9 Cylinder Head
All-New LS9 CNC-Ported Heads Take LS Performance to the Next Level!
Exceptional airflow characteristics are what give the LS engine family its tremendous performance capability, enabling power levels for street engines that were virtually unattainable in previous-generation Small-Block engines. Chevrolet Performance’s all-new LS9 CNC-ported cylinder head assembly – P/N 19328743 – represents a new benchmark in factory-engineering high performance, with the strength and durability of the production LS9 cylinder head casting and the airflow enhancements of precision CNC porting. The result is a head that flows about 10 percent more than the production casting, while delivering the greater strength built into the LS9 casting.
The LS9, of course, was the supercharged engine in the C6 Corvette ZR1. To support the higher combustion pressure and temperature that come with forced induction, the heads were produced with a unique Roto-cast method in super-strong A356T6 aluminum alloy. With the Roto-cast method, the mold rotates to more evenly distribute the molten alloy, creating a denser head casting that virtually eliminates porosity. And compared to the similar LS3 head, the LS9 features reinforced webbing and a thicker deck for greater rigidity and minimal distortion. The A356T6 alloy also manages the higher heat of a forced engine more effectively.
In short, Chevrolet Performance’s LS9 CNC-ported head assembly is the ultimate production-based solution for supercharged and turbocharged combinations. Each comes fully assembled with production, lightweight titanium intake valves and sodium-filled exhaust valves, as well as strong beehive-type valve springs that can handle up to .570" lift. Importantly, they can be installed on any LS engine with at least a 4.000" bore using standard 11mm head bolts.
CPP’s new LS9 CNC-ported head represents the pinnacle of Chevrolet Performance’s tiered approached to affordable, factory-engineered cylinder head options for LS engine builders. It starts with our production based head assemblies such as the LS3 head (P/N 12629063), which deliver great performance out of the box and make excellent retro-fit solutions for many engine combinations. Our CNC-ported LS3 head (P/N 88958758) takes production performance higher with enhanced airflow capability that not only delivers a performance advantage singularly, but optimizes the gains offered with additional modifications such as a “hotter” camshaft.
LS9 CNC-Ported Head Features:• Special A356T6 aluminum Roto-cast head casting for greater strength. The mold is rotated during production to create a more solid casting that virtually eliminates porosity
• Reinforced webbing and thicker deck (for minimal distortion) makes it an excellent choice for supercharged and turbocharged engine combinations
• CNC-ported for approximately 10 percent greater airflow (intake side) than the regular-production cylinder head (similar to LS3 CNC-ported head P/N 88958758)
• As-cast 66.5cc combustion chamber volume
• Fully assembled with production LS9 2.165" (55mm) titanium intake valves and sodium-filled 1.590" (40mm) exhaust valves; and beehive-type valve springs
• Valve springs rated for .570-inch" max lift
• Can be used on LS engines with at least a 4.000" bore using standard 11mm head bolts in place of the LS9’s 12mm head bolts
- Item Requires Shipping
- 31.9 lbs.
- W11.8000” x H9.7000” x L23.8000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.