Click on image to zoom
HSP700270 - FR Shield - 6 in x 18 in Single Rail Heat Shield
FR Shields™ prevent radiant heat from soaking the fuel rails. These will improve performance and help reduce instances of pre-ignition. We all know the benefits of keeping the fuel that’s headed into the engine cool, but fuel-injected vehicles also need to keep the fuel returning to the gas tank or fuel cell cool? Over a long-distance race, hot fuel returning to the fuel cell can really heat it up, so keeping fuel temps down while returning to the fuel cell can be almost as vital as keeping the fuel delivered to the engine cool. When the warm fuel returns to the fuel cell, it will heat up the fuel in the cell, which causes it to change the chemical balance of your fuel, greatly affecting the existing tune settings. Keeping fuel cool helps to preserve the chemical balance of the fuel and maintains maximum efficiency. FR Shields™ are available in kits to fit either single- or dual-rail systems.
Withstands 1100°F (590°C) continuous radiant heat, 500°F (260°C) direct
Reduces fuel temperatures
Helps prevent pre-ignition
Easy to install
Custom shields available, requires fuel rail to make prototype
Made in the USA
- Item Requires Shipping
- 0.2 lbs.
- W5.0000” x H2.5000” x L8.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.