These engines are remanufactured to meet and/or exceed OEM specifications for fit, durability and reliability, and include the following components:
- Remanufactured Engine Block Assembly -- All cylinders bored oversized (0.040" Max) and honed to match the piston ring set. Cylinder head deck milled as required. Crankshaft bore align bored. Each block has been verified to be free of stress cracks.
- Remanufactured Crankshaft -- Checked and verified for straightness. All journals are ground undersize (.020" Max.) protecting undercut fillets for maximum strength. Journals and seal surfaces are micro-polished.
- Reclaimed connecting rods are forged steel. Bores and beam are gauged. Crank journal end is resized if necessary.
- Remanufactured Cylinder Head Castings -- Checked and verified to be free of warpage and cracks. Cylinder head deck milled. Valve seats standard or reamed oversize as required. Valves are new with oversize stems.
- Camshafts are reclaimed, qualified and polished to meet OE specs or new. New cam bearings installed and reamed to OEM specifications. All journals and lobes are micro-polished. Lifters are new hydraulic flat tappet in the L19, new hydraulic roller type in the L21 and L29.
- The following parts are all NEW for each of these engines:
- Intake and Exhaust Valves
- Hydraulic Roller or Flat Tappet lifters
- Single Row Roller Chain
- Cast Aluminum Graphite Coated Hypereutectic Pistons.
- Premium Piston Rings
- High Volume Oil Pump Assembly
Each engine comes assembled and ready to accept the sheet metal and balancer from the customer's assembly. An alternative option to dress the engine would be the various valve covers, front covers and oil pans available through GM Performance Parts. These engines are emissions certified (OBD II) for direct OEM replacement in all 50 U.S. states and backed by an industry leading 36-months/100,000 mile warranty.
Gen V remanufactured replacement engine, does not include oil pan, timing cover, valve covers, flywheel, balancer,manifolds, or any fuel or spark components.