Here's a Kwik and easy solution to your LSx engine swap problems
- You may have clearance issues with the frame or crossmember. That's especially true for chassis such as S-10s, early Camaros and Chevelles, and many full size Chevy pickups.
- You want to use your F-body or truck alternator and "Type 2" remote reservoir power steering pump, but place them in the Corvette locations.
Here's how to solve those problems:
- Keep your current alternator and pump.
- Mount them with a bracket kit from Kwik Performance, Inc., available in two different versions: Camaro/Firebird/GTO, and truck/SUV.
Features and benefits
- Stresses and vibrations evaluated with Finite Element Analysis and prototype testing.
- All pulleys aligned with each other within SAE specifications.
- Zinc plated fasteners used throughout for corrosion resistance and great appearance.
- All brackets made from 6061-T6 aluminum for light weight, good looks, and rust-free appearance. Matches the all-aluminum LSx engines.
- All plates are cut on a computer-controlled, ultra-high pressure water jet.
- All tensioners, pulleys, belts, compressors, alternators, etc. are standard, easily available items.
- Front and rear attachment plates.
- Spacer tubes
- Idler pulley mount.
- All fasteners needed to attach the brackets to the engine, and the alternator and pump to the brackets.
- Smooth idler pulley.
What else is required to complete the installation:
- Six-rib belt, length such that the tensioner indicator arrow is between the max and min marks.
- An LSx alternator from an F-body, or truck/SUV. Corvette alternator does not fit.
- Almost any Type 2 remote reservoir power steering pump.
- Compatible power steering pulley, with proper offset.
Note: Bracket is shown with the KWiK A/C compressor bracket, but can be used with standard tensioner.