LS1 Alternator Only Bracket
Here's a Kwik and easy solution to your LSx engine swap
* You may have clearance issues with the frame or
crossmember. That's especially true for chassis such as
S-10s, early Camaros and Chevelles, and many full size
* You want to use your F-body or truck alternator, but
place it in the Corvette alternator location.
* You won't be using power steering, and you don't want
an unsightly hole where the pump should be.
Here's how to solve those problems:
* Keep your current alternator.
* Mount it with a bracket kit from Kwik Performance, Inc.,
available in three different versions: Corvette,
Camaro/Firebird/GTO, and truck/SUV.
Features and benefits
* Stresses and vibrations evaluated with Finite Element
Analysis and prototype testing.
* All pulleys aligned with each other within SAE
* Zinc plated fasteners used throughout for corrosion
resistance and great appearance.
* All brackets made from 6061-T6 aluminum for light
weight, good looks, and rust-free appearance.
Matches the all-aluminum LSx engines.
* All plates are cut on a computer-controlled, ultra-high
pressure water jet.
* All pulleys, belts, alternators, etc. are standard, easily
* Front and rear attachment plates.
* Spacer tubes
* All fasteners needed to attach the brackets to the
engine, and the alternator to the brackets.
What else is required to complete the installation:
* Six-rib belt, length such that the tensioner indicator
arrow is between the max and min marks.
* An LSx alternator from an F-body, or truck/SUV.
Corvette alternator does not fit.
Note: Bracket is shown with the KWiK A/C compressor
bracket, but can be used with just the standard tensioner.