12498772 - Chevrolet Performance Parts ZZ383, 383CID 425HP Crate Engine - replaced By 19301295
This product may require vehicle validation(s) for proper fitment. Please contact us to confirm correct vehicle fitment and usage.
The all new ZZ383 offers Big Block performance with a Small Block price tag.
GMPP starts with the legendary Fast Burn cylinder heads and the 383cid bottom end, to offer an incredible 460 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 rpm with a smooth, linear delivery. The combination of a 3.800 steel crank and a stout .509/.528 lift hydraulic roller camshaft produces 425hp @ 5400 rpm, making the ZZ383 the benchmark by which all other 383cid small blocks will be measured.
GM's testing was completed using a GM single-plane intake manifold, a 750cfm Demon mechanical secondary carb, and 1-3/4 primary x 33 length headers with a 4 collector. A dual-plane intake manifold can be used, but will affect overall peak performance numbers by 15-20 HP.
Power: 425 HP @ 5400 RPM, 449 ft. lbs. of torque @ 4500 RPM
Displacement: 383 CID
Bore x Stroke: 4.00” x 3.80”
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Recommended Fuel: 92 Octane
Block: Cast Iron, 1 piece rear seal, 4-bolt main caps
Crankshaft: 4340 Forged Steel
Connecting Rods: HD Powdered Metal Steel
Pistons: Hypereutectic Aluminum
Camshaft: Steel Hydraulic Roller Tappet
Cam Lift: .509” Intake / .528” exhaust
Cam Duration @ .050”: 222 deg. Intake / 230 deg. Exhaust
Lobe Separation: 112 Degree
Cylinder Heads: GM Fast Burn Aluminum Dual Bolt Pattern, 3/8” screw-in rocker studs
Combustion Chamber: 62cc
Valves: .200” Intake/ 1.55” Exhaust
Rocker Arms: Aluminum Roller, 1.5:1 Ratio
Valve Springs: 12551483
Maximum GM Recommended RPM: 6000
Ignition Timing: Base 10 degrees BTDC, 32 degrees total
• Fully GM assembled long block
• Stamped Steel Black OE Valve
• Oil pump, pick-up and oil pan
• 12-3/4” Auto Trans Flexplate
• 8” Harmonic Balancer
• Front timing cover
• Cast Iron Long Water Pump
• Oil Filter and Adapter
• Passenger Side RH Oil Dipstick and Tube
General Motors limited 2 year / 50,000 mile parts & labor warranty. Click on Document tab above for full details.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST Sat 9AM-5PM
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.