12520270 -5.7L 350CID (LO5-K) 1987-1995 Chevy & GMC Full Size Trucks & "G" Van & 1996-2002 "P" Van - Over 8,600 GVW
This product may require vehicle validation(s) for proper fitment. Please contact us to confirm correct vehicle fitment and usage.
Specs on this engine are as follows:
- 1986 and up 4 bolt main 1 piece crankshaft seal block(no mechanical fuel pump provision)
- Nodular iron crankshaft
- Powdered metal connection rods
- Dished hypereutectic pistons
- 8.75:1 Compression ratio
- High volume oil pump
- Morse link type timing chain
Camshaft specs as follows:
- Flat tappet hydraulic camshaft
- Intake lift .382"
- Exhaust lift .402"
- Intake duration @.050-165.9
- Exhaust duration @.050-174.8
- Lobe center separation - 111.9
- Camshaft mechanical specs
- Intake valve opens @ -30.2 BTDC * Intake valve closes @ 16.1ATDC * Intake lobe centerline - 111.8
- Exhaust valve opens @ 18.1BBDC * Exhaust valve closes @ -23.3 ATDC * Exhaust lobe centerline - 111.8
Cylinder Head Specs:
- Casting number 14102191
- Swirl port intake port design
- 76cc Combustion chamber
- 1.94" Intake valve 1.50" Exhaust valve
- Valve spring part number is 3911068 (same spring used with the old 300hp 350 crate engine)
- Installed height 1.70" Pressure @ Installed height is 80 LBS * Pressure with valve open is 267 lbs.
- These springs are good for .550" lift but clearance between guide and retainer must be double checked before attempting.
- 7 Bolt exhaust flange
- Center bolt valve cover flange
- 1987-1995 Intake manifold bolt pattern with center intake bolts canted @ 72 angle
This cylinder head is not a performance oriented cylinder head. It is classified as a high swirl head that was intended for good bottom end torque and fuel economy. The intake runner is restrictive because it has a ramp cast into the bottom of the bowl to promote high swirl.
Engine also includes:
- 4 Quart oil pan (5w/ Filter)
- Timing cover
- 8" Balancer
- Valve covers
We do not recommend attempting to run this engine in a carbureted application because of the lack of a fuel pump provision. Special intake manifold is required
RPO - L05
1987 - 1990 Chevrolet Chassis (P2,3)
1987 - 1990 GMC Chassis (P2,3)
1991 - 1996 Chevrolet Chassis (P3)
1991 - 1996 GMC Chassis (P3)
1987 - 1991 Chevrolet Pickup (RV2,3)
1987 - 1991 GMC Pickup (RV2,3)
1987 - 1991 GMC Suburban (RV2,3)
1988 - 1995 GMC Pickup (CK2,3)
1988 - 1995 Chevrolet Pickup (CK2,3)
1987 - 1999 Chevrolet Van (G3)
1987 - 1996 GMC Van (G3)
- Item Requires Shipping
- 450.0 lbs.
- W26.5000” x H28.0000” x L30.3000”
- FREE 48 State Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.