New Crate Engine Break-In and Dyno Testing
We now offer this professional service package with the purchase of a new crate engine. We understand that money being spent for this service is sometimes hard to justify because it is something that you just don't see or hold but never the less it has become very popular because of power gains and longevity found with proper dyno break in. We believe this procedure is very critical on a new crate engine and cannot be accomplished in your vehicle due to the lack of proper loads that need to be applied to the engine by a dynamometer.
• All external engine bolts, fasteners and pipe plugs are checked for proper torque spec.
• Pipe plugs are added as needed.
• Bolt holes are checked with proper bolt size.
• Cylinder head bolts are checked for proper torque spec. Bolts are NOT re-torqued but checked slightly below spec.
• Install oil filter and fill crankcase with break-in oil.
• Engine is fully primed with oil.
• Rocker arms and valve train is adjusted.
• Engine is installed on the dynamometer.
• Cooling and fuel system is filled and checked for leaks.
• Engine oil level is re-checked.
• Engine is started and timing is set to manufacturer’s specification.
• Engine is run with various loads applied by the dyno. This eliminates ring chatter which can cause non-repairable damage to the cylinder walls.
• Engine is run approximately 30 minutes or more and then allowed to cool for final inspection prior to performance dyno pulls and tuning.
Dyno Performance Pulls and Tuning
• A minimum a two performance pulls are performed to provide comprehensive dyno sheets, which are included with your engine.
• Dependent on how your engine is equipped, carburetor, distributor, EFI controller, etc will be tuned/programmed for optimum power and torque.
Repackaging and Shipping
• Oil will be drained from the engine.
• Oil filter will be removed and replaced with new filter.
• Any openings to the internal parts of the engine will be covered or plugged.
• Engine will be bagged, sealed and installed in a shipping container.
• Six quarts of break-in oil will be included inside shipping container.
• Engine dyno sheet, invoice and any other documents will be bagged and attached inside shipping container.
Dyno service is available only with purchase of NEW engines.
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
Get Exclusive Info
Enter your email address to Signup. We'll send you notices of new offers and products.