AFX630006 - TechAFX -6 AN Black Wrap Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hose
This product may require vehicle validation(s) for proper fitment. Please contact us to confirm correct vehicle fitment and usage.
-6 AN Black Wrap SS Braided PTFE Hose. For use with TechAFX PTFE AN Fittings. Sold per Foot (12 inch increments)
Introducing NEW TechAFX BlackWrap.
BlackWrap takes our durable, proven, PTFE conductive core Fuel Hose & dresses it up with a tough nylon outer layer. This outer layer increases the durability of the product, reduces noise, & looks KILLER!
The nylon wrap covers a stainless steel braid and our class-leading smooth-bore, conductive core PTFE for excellent performance in demanding situations. Conductive Core - There is a simple way to tell if you have 'conductive core' PTFE hose that has been specifically developed for use with fuel, is it 'black' on the inside? When fuel passes through PTFE hose, it generates a mild static charge. For this reason, a coating of carbon is added to the inside diameter of PTFE hose so when the fittings are attached to each end of the hose and the hose assembly installed on the vehicle, this static charge can harmlessly transfer to the common ground of the vehicle. This static charge will buildup in non-conductive PTFE hose--which is a dangerous situation. All TechAFX PTFE hose is conductive core
Chemical Resistant PTFE is virtually unaffected to practically all commercial chemicals, acids, alcohols, coolants, elastomers, hydrocarbons, solvents, synthetic compounds and hydraulic fluids. Temperature Resistant It can handle it all, from cryogenics to steam all in one hose.
Polytetrafluoroethylene is an engineered fluoropolymer commonly known by DuPont's trade name "Teflon". Outstanding resistance to chemicals is one of it's primary attributes. A broad temperature range of -100F to 500F (-73C to 260C) make this hose material suitable for the majority of fluid and ambient temperature conditions found in industry. An extremely low coefficient of friction, (0.05 to 0.20), provides a non-stick surface. Water absorption of PTFE is negligible, less than 0.01% by ASTM test. And, it is FDA-approved for food and pharmaceutical use. Smooth Bore PTFE "Teflon" inner core Hose Inner core vertically extruded to maintain highest quality concentricity. Manufactured from DuPont's type 62 fine grade resin. 304 stainless steel wire braid reinforcement. An exact amount of carbon black added to the PTFE inner core provides continuous conductive path to the metal end fittings, to bleed off static electricity in steam or high flow rate applications. For continuous service: -65¡F to 450¡F (-54¡C to 232¡C) For intermittent service: -100¡F to 500¡F (-73¡C to 260¡C) Meets or exceeds requirements of SAE 100R14 PTFE meets FDA 21 CCFR 177.1550 Sizes -4 thru -10 are rated for full vacuum. Manufactured from DuPont's type 62 fine grade resin. 304 stainless steel wire braid reinforcement. An exact amount of carbon black added to the PTFE inner core provides continuous conductive path to the metal end fittings, to bleed off static electricity in steam or high flow rate applications. For continuous service: -65¡F to 450¡F (-54¡C to 232¡C) For intermittent service: -100¡F to 500¡F (-73¡C to 260¡C) Meets or exceeds requirements of SAE 100R14 PTFE meets FDA 21 CCFR 177.1550 Sizes -4 thru -10 are rated for full vacuum.
Features :• Temperature range is from -65¡ F to 450¡ F
• High Flow Rates & Low Friction: Due to the anti-stick properties of the Teflon¨ you will not experience low pressure drops from accumulate deposits on the inner core.
• Easy to clean permitting use of one hose for several services.
• Flexible & Lightweight: Easier to move, handle and install than rubber hose with a comparable burst pressure rating. Withstands continuous flexing and vibration without failure from flex fatigue.
• Moisture Resistant No moisture absorption, ideal as a pigtail in bulk gas handling and pneumatic systems where a low dew point is critical.
• Non-Adhesive: Handles substances such as adhesives, asphalt, dyes, greases, glue, latex, lacquers and paints with ease. Chemically Inert will not break down or deteriorate in service. Non-Aging Impervious to weather and can be stored for extended periods of time without aging. It will not age during service.
• Shock Resistant: Not affected by continuous flexing, vibration or impulse pressures - withstands alternating hot and cold cycling.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W1.0000” x H1.0000” x L12.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.