DYNO- Pace Professional Engine Dyno Break-In & Testing
This product may require vehicle validation(s) for proper fitment. Please contact us to confirm correct vehicle fitment and usage.
New Crate Engine Break-In and Dyno Testing
We now offer this professional service package with the purchase of a new crate engine. We understand that money being spent for this service is sometimes hard to justify because it is something that you just don't see or hold but never the less it has become very popular because of power gains and longevity found with proper dyno break in. We believe this procedure is very critical on a new crate engine and cannot be done in the garage due to the proper loads applied to the engine by a dynamometer.
Engine Preparation• All external engine bolts, fasteners and pipe plugs are checked for proper torque spec.
• Pipe plugs are added as needed.
• Bolt holes are checked with proper bolt size.
• Cylinder head bolts are checked for proper torque spec. Bolts are NOT re-torqued but checked slightly below spec (excludes any fasteners requiring torque angle procedure).
• Harmonic balancer is checked for exact TDC (top dead center) location and timing pointer is modified/adjusted to correct location. We commonly see up to a 4 degree variance which can cause internal engine damage.
• Install oil filter and fill crankcase with break-in oil.
• Engine is fully primed with oil.
• Rocker arms and valve train is adjusted.
Engine Break-In• Engine is installed on the dynamometer.
• Cooling and fuel system is filled and checked for leaks.
• Engine oil level is re-checked.
• Engine is started and timing is set to manufacturer’s specification.
• Engine is run with various loads applied by the dyno. This eliminates ring chatter which can cause non-repairable damage to the cylinder walls.
• Engine is run approximately 30 minutes or more and then allowed to cool for final inspection prior to performance dyno pulls and tuning.
Dyno Performance Pulls and Tuning• A minimum a two performance pulls are performed to provide comprehensive dyno sheets, which are included with your engine.
• Dependent on how your engine is equipped, carburetor, distributor, EFI controller, etc. It will be tuned/programmed for optimum power and torque.
Repackaging and Shipping• Oil filter will be removed and oil will be drained from the engine.
• Any openings to the internal parts of the engine will be covered or plugged.
• Engine will be bagged and sealed then installed in a shipping container.
• Engine dyno sheet, invoice and any other documents will be bagged and attached inside shipping container.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- Free Shipping!
- FREE 48 State Truck Freight Shipping (International shipping will require freight quote)
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.