19332527 - Chevy 383CID Short Block Assembly
This product may require vehicle validation(s) for proper fitment. Please contact us to confirm correct vehicle fitment and usage.
This is the same short block that GM uses for the 383/340 hp and the 383/425 hp Crate Engines.
Displacement: 383 CID
Bore x Stroke: 4.00” x 3.80”
Compression Ratio: 9.1:1 with 64cc heads, 9.6:1 with 62cc
Block: Cast Iron, 1 piece rear seal, 4-bolt main caps.
Crankshaft: 4340 Forged Steel
Connecting Rods: HD Powdered Metal Steel
Pistons: Hypereutectic Aluminum
Maximum GM Recommended RPM: 5000
Ignition Timing: Base 10 degrees BTDC, 32 degrees total
• Fully GM assembled short block
• Brass Freeze Plugs
• Crankshaft Timing Gear
• Oil pump, pick-up and oil pan
• Roller Lifter Retainer
• 12-3/4” Auto Trans Flexplate
• 8” Harmonic Balancer
• Plastic front timing cover
• Passenger Side RH Oil Dipstick and Tube
Engine Does NOT Include:
• Cam Gear
• Timing Chain
• Oil Filter and Adapter
• Fuel Pump Pushrod and Plate
This engine has provisions for a mechanical fuel pump. Fuel pump pushrod and adapter plate are not included.
The Engine block and cylinder heads are drilled and tapped for all standard accessory and mount bracket locations including both clutch "Z" bar ball stud locations- standard and 63'-82' Corvette.
Front face of engine block is also drilled and tapped for the 55'-57' Chevy type motor mounts. If using these motor mounts, the mounts will need to be modified to clear the 8" balancer on this engine .
If a short water pump is to be used on this engine, there will be clearance problems between the bolts that retain the back plate on the water pump and the composite timing cover used on the 383. Many times this problem can be fixed easily by replacing the bolts on the water pump rear cover with allen button head bolts. If this approach does not work, the timing cover will need to be replaced with a sheet metal or any chrome unit. Any small block Chevy timing cover will work on the 383. If timing cover is replaced (2 )-12554553 dowel pins are also need.
This engine comes equipped with a 12 3/4" automatic flex-plate which works with most TH350 and 700R4 torque converters. If a TH400 is being used you will need a 14" flex-plate.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 450.0 lbs.
- W29.3000” x H39.8000” x L41.5000”
- Free Shipping!
- FREE 48 State Truck Freight Shipping (International shipping will require freight quote)
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- We don’t just want your business today. We want to EARN your business for LIFE!
- USA Owned, Operated & Employed
- Installers & Resellers Click Here to Apply
We Specialize In:
- GM LS Conversions
- Engine & Trans Combo Kits
- Unique Ready to Run Engines
- Have a question?
- to Email our Sales & Tech Staff
- 888-748-4655 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM EST
- Click above for 24/7 Live Chat Service.